Track and Field
Greetings Track & Field fans!
We are happy to announce that our season is right around the corner and registration is now open! All 3rd-5th grade girls and boys can participate. The cost is $35 and scholarships are available. Please visit the NSD Elementary Sports page for details regarding registration and payment.
Practices will be Monday and Tuesday (only Monday once meets start) after school from 3:40p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Please pick up your children by the flag pole. Practices will start on 4/15 and run through 5/28. Meets are on Tuesday at 4:45 p.m starting 4/30. The schedule is on the Moorlands Calendar as well as in the "Schedule" section below.
Students are responsible for transportation to and from all meets. Please try to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of the meet. We use this time to make sure all relay teams are accounted for and make new teams if needed. Meets are approximately 90 minutes in length.
Our Home Meet is 5/7 at Kenmore Elementary School. Coaches will need help putting this on and need about 18 volunteers. Please consider helping out for this fun event!
Please contact Coach Justin Sheaffer if you have questions or concerns. I look forward to a great season!
Please visit the Northshore School District's Elementary Sports page for details regarding registration.
To join the Track & Field team there is a $35.00 participation fee and scholarships are available.
Each child will need to register online or by printing out and returning the paper registration form. If registering via paper form, please return to the main office along with cash or check for registration fees.
In addition, they will need to print out and return the Athletic Emergency Information Form and return it to Coach Sheaffer.
- The season will consist of three regular meets and one divisional final.
- Two practices per week will be allowed during the first two weeks.
- There are six competitive divisions: 3rd grade boys & girls, 4th grade boys & girls, 5th grade boys & girls
- During regular season meets, each school will be permitted three participants in each event.
- The 50 yd. and 75 yd. dashes will be limited to 3 heats.
- Any participant may take part in one running event and one field event. They may also be allowed to run on the relay team.
- In the divisional final meet:
- Each school may enter only two participants in each event. Exceptions: Ball Throw, Ball Kick and 400m are open.
- A participant may enter only one track or one field event.
- They are also allowed to run on the relay team.
Field Events: Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Ball Throw, Ball Kick
Running Events: 50 Yard Dash, 75 Yard Dash, 400m run and the 200m pursuit relay.
Track & Field Coach