Track and Field
Greetings Track & Field fans!
We are happy to announce that our season is right around the corner. All 3rd-5th grade girls and boys can participate.
The cost is $35 and scholarships are available. Please contact the office about scholarship info.
Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:40p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Meets are on Tuesdays at 4:45 p.m.
Students are responsible for transportation to and from all meets. Parking is limited so please consider carpooling. Meets are approximately 90min.
Please contact Coach Justin Sheaffer if you have questions or concerns. Looking forward to a great season!
Please register for Track and Field online through the Northshore School District's Elementary Sports page.
To join the Track & Field team there is a $35.00 participation fee. Please register and pay online through the Northshore School District's Elementary Sports page.
If you cannot register online, download and print the paper registration form linked below and return it, along with a cash or check, to the Main Office at Moorlands.
Elementary Sports Registration Form (English/Spanish)
- The season will consist of three regular meets and one divisional final.
- Two practices per week will be allowed during the first two weeks.
- There are six competitive divisions: 3rd grade boys & girls, 4th grade boys & girls, 5th grade boys & girls
- During regular season meets, each school will be permitted three participants in each event.
- The 50 yd. and 75 yd. dashes will be limited to 3 heats.
- Any participant may take part in one running event and one field event. They may also be allowed to run on the relay team.
- In the divisional final meet:
- Each school may enter only two participants in each event. Exceptions: Ball Throw, Ball Kick and 400m are open.
- A participant may enter only one track or one field event.
- They are also allowed to run on the relay team.
Field Events: Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Ball Throw, Ball Kick
Running Events: 50 Yard Dash, 75 Yard Dash, 400m run and the 200m pursuit relay.
Track & Field Coach